How to Register Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card/ How To Add Your Mobile Number To Aadhaar Card
In case you do not have Aadhaar, you can apply for an Aadhar card and get your mobile number registered in Aadhar card during the enrolment process. Once Aadhaar is linked with these instruments, the government starts transferring subsidies under various schemes such as DBT, Pahal, etc. directly in the bank account of the beneficiary and a confirmation message is sent to the registered mobile number. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, you will not receive any such messages and will not be able to track the benefits that you are eligible to receive.
Updating your demographic details on your Aadhaar card is quite simple if your mobile number was declared at the time of enrolment. The process can be completed online in such cases. If, however, you didn’t declare your mobile number at the time of enrolment or your mobile number has changed, you will not be able to add your mobile number via the SSUP (Self Service Update Portal) portal.
Ration Card: రేషన్ తీసుకుంటున్నారా? నేటి నుంచి కొత్త రూల్స్
Why You Should Register Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
There are a number of reasons why you should register your mobile number in Aadhaar. For availing most of the facilities related to Aadhaar, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. This OTP should be provided to avail the service giving Aadhaar an added layer of security. In case your number is not linked with Aadhaar, you will not be able to avail these services. In order to avail all online services related to Aadhaar, you have to get your mobile number registered with UIDAI. You have to provide the OTP sent to your mobile number in order to download your Aadhaar online. You can download the mAadhaar app and carry Aadhaar in your phone only when your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar.
Check Aadhaar Mobile Link Status and Know How Link Mobile with AADHAAR
Verify Mobile Number and Email Linked With Aadhar
Check your Email/ Mobile Number in Aadhaar. You can verify your email address and mobile number that has been declared at the time of enrolment or during latest Aadhaar detail update.
Verifying your Aadhaar Mobile number is a simple and hassle-free process. Simply follow these steps to verify your Aadhaar to your mobile number instantly.
- Log in to the UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in/
- Select the ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ option that is under ‘Aadhaar Services’ drop down
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, email-id, mobile number and the security code
- Enter the OTP
- Click on the ‘Verify OTP’ option
- A green tick will be displayed, if the verification is successful
Registered Mobile Number is essential to avail Aadhaar Online services. In case your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar, visit the nearest Permanent Aadhaar Centre(PAC).
- Visit the nearest Permanent Aadhaar Centre PAC to your home.
- Get an Aadhaar Update/Correction Form from the Aadhaar Centre.
- You can also download this form from UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/).
- Fill the form and submit it to the concerned person at the Aadhaar Centre.
- Do remember to mention that you only want to get the mobile number updated.
- To get your mobile number updated, you shall also need to take a photocopy of an identity proof like PAN Card or Passport.
- After you do this, a biometrics verification will be done at the Aadhaar Centre.
- Collect an acknowledgement slip from the enrolment centre.
- Your mobile number will then be linked to Aadhaar within the next 10 days.
Application Form to Link Mobile with AADHAAR pdf download
ఫిబ్రవరి నుండి రేషన్ కార్డు దారులు OTP మరియు IRIS ( కన్ను) ద్వారా మాత్రమే రేషన్ ఇవ్వాలని పౌర సరఫరాల శాఖ యోచన. రేషన్ పంపిణి కి రేషన్ లబ్ధిదారులు మొబైల్ నంబర్ను రేషన్ కార్డుకు లింక్ చేయాలి.
మొబైల్ నంబర్ను రేషన్ కార్డుకు ఎలా లింక్ చేయాలి. వివరాలు.
How to Check Aadhaar Bank Account Linking Status
How to Link/ Register/ Update Your Mobile Number with AADHAAR
How to Link Aadhaar card Number to PAN Card Number Using SMS & E-filing Portal
How to update Aadhaar PAN to your CPS/PRAN Account Online
Fee for Registering Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
The applicant has to pay a fee of ₹25/- to avail the service when he visits the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre for registering or updating his mobile number in Aadhaar. He will have to pay ₹25/- every time he goes for updating the mobile number. The fee is charged for updating requests every time. However, when multiple details have to be updated, no additional fee is charged from the applicant.
Documents Required for Registering Your Mobile Number in Aadhar
The applicant does not have to submit any documents for updating or registering the mobile number in Aadhaar. Only the Aadhar update Form, that contains your current mobile number, has to be submitted along with the fee.
Link Mobile with AADHAAR for First Time
This needs to be done offline. Most online transactions are OTP (one-time-password) authenticated, i.e., the password is sent to the registered number. Since you are linking your number for the first time, online authentication is not possible. To do this offline you need to follow these steps:
Visit your nearest Aadhaar centre to get the Aadhar Update/Correction Form or download it from the UIDAI website.
- Fill out the form correctly submit it to the concerned person at the centre and mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
- While submitting the update form, along with photocopy of your Aadhaar card you also need to provide photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card ( Click here for the complete list of supporting documents).
- Following the submission your biometrics will be verified at the enrolment centre.
- Your thumb impression will be verified. While applying for Aadhaar your biometrics were recorded and to authenticate the changes, they are verified.
- After verifying the biometrics, you will be given an acknowledgement slip. Usually it takes 2-5 working days for the up dation to happen but as per the UIDAI helpline the turnaround time for the up dation is 10 days.
Steps to Register or Update Your Mobile Number with Aadhar Card
There was an online facility for registering mobile number in Aadhaar through the SSUP. But as of now, the facility has been discontinued and the applicant has to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update centre to register/update mobile number in Aadhaar.
Here’s what you need to do to register your mobile number in Aadhaar:
Step 1: Search nearest enrolment centre by clicking on UIDAI Official webpage. Visit: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar Correction Form
Step 3: Mention your current mobile number that has to be updated in Aadhaar
Step 4: Submit the form and provide your biometrics for authentication
Step 5: The executive hands over the acknowledgement slip to you
Step 6: The slip contains an Update Request Number (URN)
Step 7: The URN can be used to track the status of Aadhaar up dation
Step 8: You do not need to get another Aadhaar card after updating mobile number in Aadhaar
Step 9: Once your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar, you will start receiving Aadhaar OTPs for availing a number of facilities.
Step 10: You can also check the Aadhaar update status by calling UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947.