#ANGRAU.AC.IN #AGRICET 2017 NOTIFICATION AGRICET 2017 Entrance Exam to be conducted by Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University. AGRICET is a Common Entrance Test Conducted to allot admission in B.Sc. Agriculture (B.Sc. Ag.). Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University releases AGRICET Notification 2017 and invites applications from Diploma holders in Agriculture and Seed Technology for admission into four years B.Sc (Ag.) Degree Programme through AGRICET on 30-07- 2017 for the academic year 2017-18. For more details Like AGRICET Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application Fees, Admission Process, How to Apply and download application form available at official website: www.angrau.ac.in.
Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) was established under the name of Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University (APAU) on the 12th of June 1964 through the APAU Act 1963. Later, it was renamed as Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University on the 7th of November, 1996 in honour and memory of the noted Parliamentarian and Kisan Leader, Acharya N. G. Ranga.
Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University AGRICET -2017 Notification
Particulars of AGRICET-2017
- The test is on 30-07-2017 between 10.30AM and 12.00 Noon
- The Entrance test is 1.30 hour duration and the question paper consist of a total 120 questions.
- All question are objective type (multiple choice) only and each question carries one mark.
- The candidates shall have to answer in OMR sheet.
- The syllabus prescribed by the ANGRAU to Diploma courses in Agriculture and Seed
i. Candidates should have passed two year Diploma in Agriculture/Seed Technology from ANGRAU/PJTSAU. (those who are going to complete the diploma requirements in 2016-17 academic year can also apply).
ii. Candidates should have complete 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission
with an upper age limit 22 years for all the candidates and 25 years in respect of S.C, S.T and
27 years in respect of PH candidates.
Total number of B.Sc (Ag.) seats (supernumerary) allotted to Diploma holders:
i. University (Govt.) Agricultural Colleges:The total number of seats in University (Government) Agricultural Colleges are 112 (101 for Agriculture Diploma holders and 11 for Seed Technology Diploma holders).
ii. Private Agricultural Colleges :The total number of seats reserved for Diploma holders of Agriculture and Seed Technology in all private Agricultural Colleges(6) are 72 and out of these 72 seats 65% of the seats will be filled under Convenor Quota at the time of counseling and the remaining 35% seats will be filled by the Management of Private Agricultural Colleges from the merit list obtained from the AGRICET-2017 examination by duly following the rules and regulations of the University.
i) As per rules of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
ii). The above seats will be allocated in the ratio of 85% for local candidates and remaining 15% seats will be treated as unreserved quota.
Medium of Entrance Test:
The question paper contains questions in Telugu medium.
Centers for Entrance Test:
1. S.V.Agricultural College, Tirupati, Chittoor District.
2. Agricultural College,Bapatla, Guntur District.
3. Agricultural College, Naira, Srikakulam District.
Submission of Application for AGRICET-2017:
- The candidates may apply for admission in prescribed proforma along with a Demand Draft for Rs.500/-(Rupees five hundred only) for General Candidates and Rs.250/- (Rupees Two hundred and fifty only) in case of SC, ST & PH candidates DD draw in favour of Comptroller, ANGRAU, payable at Guntur.
- Application form can be download from the University website:www.angrau.ac.in
- CompletedApplication in all aspects along with 2 self addressed envelopes affixed with Rs.5/- postal stamp must reach by 5.00PM on or before 24-06-2017, either in person or by post to Convenor, AGRICET 2017, Office of the Associate Director of Research, Regional Agricultural Research Station, Tirupati – 517502.
Submission of Applications with late fee:
The candidates may also submit their Applications with late fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for General Candidates and Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for SC,ST& PH candidates DD draw in favour of Comptroller, ANGRAU, payable at Guntur from 25.06.2017 to 30.06.2017.
Issue of hall Tickets
- The list of eligible candidates along with the hall ticket numbers will be displayed in the University website on 22-07-2017 those candidates who have not received the hall tickets can however download the Hall Ticket from the University website and attend the Test.
- Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. University will not be responsible for any postal delay.
Certificates / documents to be enclosed with the Application
1. Diploma Certificate/Course completion Certificate
2. Date of Birth Certificate
3. Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/BC candidates issued by the Mandal Revenue Officer.
4. Aadhar number
5. PH, NCC, Sports and Defense etc. Certificates issued by the concerned authorities.
6. Study or Residence or relevant Certificates for proof of local status (last 7 years)
Qualifying marks for AGRICET 2017.
The qualifying percentage of marks for the AGRAICET2017 is 25% of the maximum marks considered for ranking. However, for candidates belonging to scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, no minimum qualifying mark is prescribed. But their admission will be limited to the extent of seats
AGRICET – 2017 results
The merit list of the candidates will be displayed in the University website and the eligible candidates shall be informed about the counseling date by post or though the University website. For the preparation of merit list, in case of more than one student securing the same combined score obtained, the tie shall be resolved to decide the relative ranking by successively considering the following.
I. The total marks secure d in AGRICET-2017
II. The percentage of aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination
III. SSC Overall Grade Point
IV. If the tie still persists the date of birth of the concerned candidates, the older being given preference over the younger.
The counseling for admissions will be held at auditorium, RARS, LAM, Guntur.
The OMR Answer sheets of AGRICET-2017 will be preserved for one year from the date of publication of results after which they shall be disposed off.
Help line No. : 9573764050
Timings: 10.00A.M to 5.00PM
Important dates for AGRICET-2017
Last date for Submission of Applications with late fee :30.06.2017
Entrance Exam date: 30-07-2017 between 10.30AM and 12.00 Noon
The Entrance test is 1.30 hour duration and the question paper consist of a total 120 questions.
All question are objective type (multiple choice) only and each question carries one mark.