ADMISSION NOTICE JEE (MAIN) – 2018
In pursuance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, Notification, the 6th Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2018 will be conducted on 08/04/2018 (Sunday) by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc.
The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) -2018 application form online.
The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad. The candidates are advised to see the JEE (Advanced) website www.jeeadv.ac.in for information related to JEE (Advanced).
The detailed information bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies and important dates will be available on JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in on 20/11/2017. The aspiring candidates are requested to download the information bulletin from above mentioned website only and read the same carefully before applying. The eligibility criteria for JEE (Main) & JEE (Advanced) are different. The candidates are requested to read the information bulletin carefully and ensure their eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced). The process of Aadhaar authentication before submission of online form will be notified in a separate public notice.
The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in. The online application process will start from 01st December, 2017 onwards. The last date for application is 01st January, 2018 and fee can be paid upto 02nd January 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE Mains 2018:
- Qualifying Exam: It is must for the candidates to pass the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects to be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- No Minimum Marks: There is no minimum marks requirement in 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam. However, candidates have to secure the passing marks.
- Passing Year: Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form. In case if candidate appeared the 12th examination in 2015 but not passed in 2015, passed in 2016 are also not eligible.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs. In other words, Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
How to Apply Online for IIT JEE Main 2018
- Candidates have to fill the JEE Main application form via online mode only.
- No printed copy will be provided to apply for JEE Main.
- Applications will be released from 1st December 2017.
- To apply for JEE Main, students should have Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/Registration Number which will be provided by facilitation center.
- In addition to filling personal & academic details, candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribed specifications.
- Candidates can download the acknowledgement page as the proof of successful submission of application form.
Schedule for IIT JEE 2018
- Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification 22nd November 2017
- Commencement of Online Application Form 1st December 2017
- Facility of Correcting Images 2nd week of December 2017
- Closing Date of Online Application Form 1st January 2018
- Last Date of Fee Payment 2nd January 2018
- Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test) 8th April 2018
- Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test) 15th & 16th April 2018
- Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability 24th – 27th April 2018
- Declaration of Result (Paper 1)/AIR rank & candidates eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 30th April 2018
- Declaration of AIR rank (paper 2) 31st May 2018
Click here for Official Website
Click here Information Bulletin JEE Main 2018
Click here Admission Notice JEE Main 2018
Application form JEE Main 2018
JEE MAIN 2018 Exam Pattern, Study Material, Study Planner, Exam Papers