Check your FASTag status online And update FASTag KYC details before February 29
FASTag KYCs that are not updated can make your FASTags deactivated after February 29. Here’s how you can update FASTag KYC online and offline. FASTags with a valid balance but an incomplete KYC will get deactivated or blacklisted by banks post after February 29. NHAI introduces ‘One Vehicle, One FASTag’ initiative to enhance toll collection efficiency. FASTag users urged to complete KYC process by February 29 to prevent deactivation or blacklisting. Recharge FASTag with any bank using various payment methods. The state-owned National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) on Monday announced that it will deactivate or blacklist FASTags with incomplete Know Your Customer (KYC) after February 29, even if they have a valid balance. According to the NHAI, the step is being taken to further streamline and authenticate the new and improved toll collection system across India.
Fastag KYC: ఫాస్టాగ్ కేవైసీ గడువు పొడిగించిన ఎన్హెచ్ఏఐ
DELHI: ఫాస్టాగ్ల (Fastag) ఈ – కేవైసీ పూర్తి చేసేందుకు గడువును మరో నెల రోజులు పొడిగిస్తూ జాతీయ రహదారుల ప్రాధికార సంస్థ (NHAI) నిర్ణయం తీసుకుంది. ఫిబ్రవరి 29 వరకు ఈ ప్రక్రియ పూర్తి చేసేందుకు అనుమతిస్తున్నట్లు తెలిపింది. గడువు తేదీ తర్వాత కేవైసీ చేయని వాటిని డీయాక్టివేట్ చేస్తామని స్పష్టం చేసింది.
నేషనల్ ఎలక్ట్రానిక్ టోల్ కలెక్షన్ (NETC) వెబ్సైట్ ద్వారా కేవైసీ చేసుకోవచ్చని తెలిపింది.
Fastag KYC Update Online | Fastag KYC Status Check
The “One Vehicle, One FASTag” initiative is all set to get launched by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI). The initiative will be making the Electronic Toll Collection system work efficiently. The initiative will also be easing the traffic at toll plazas.
The aim of the initiative is to discourage the use of one FASTag for a variety of vehicles. The NHAI encourages the FASTag users to finish their KYC process according to the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India.
How can you check your FASTag status online?
- Visit the website – fastag.ihmcl.com
- Click on ‘Login’ and provide mobile number and password details
- An OTP will be generated and sent as a text message. Add the OTP and login
- Click on the ‘My Profile’ tab and select the KYC status option
According to the guidelines of the RBI, the FASTag KYC requires you to make use of any of the following documents.
- Valid passport
- Driving license
- Voter’s ID
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Job card issued by the NREGA and signed by an official of the State Government
- Along with the KYC documents, you also need to submit your vehicle’s registration certificate (RC) copy.
How to update your FASTag KYC online?
- Visit the website – fastag.ihmcl.com
- Click on the ‘My Profile’ section and open the ‘KYC’ tab
- Add in the required details, including your identity and address proof documents
- Upload a passport-size photo
- Click on ‘confirm the declaration’ then click ‘submit’
- The KYC process will take a maximum of seven working days to be updated
- Apart from this, FASTag users have the provision of reaching out to the nearest toll plazas or toll-free customer care numbers of their respective issuer banks in case they have any confusion regarding the KYC updates.
How to Update FASTag KYC details offline?
In order to update your FASTag KYC details, one needs to request the FASTag issuing bank for the same. This can be done by visiting the nearest FASTag issuing bank branch. At the bank branch, one needs to fill out the application form with updated details. This new data will then be updated by the bank to the FASTag account.
The relationship manager can also help with updating the KYC in FASTag.
It is important for FASTag users to make sure that their KYC is completed for their most recent FASTag. It is important that the users abide by the One Vehicle, One FASTag directions. Note that only the latest FASTag accounts are going to remain active.
IMPORTANT NOTE: FASTags having sufficient balance but unfinished KYC are going to get blacklisted or deactivated by the banks after February 29.